- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Golden Eaglets qualify for World Cup
Nigeria’s U-17 team, the Golden Eaglets have qualified for the World Cup holding later in the year in Brazil. The Manu Garba-tutored boys defeated Angola 1-0 in Tanzania at the ongoing Africa qualifiers.
The only goal was scored in the first half through a penalty. The Golden Eaglets dominated the game but lost many goal-scoring opportunities in both halves.
When their Angolan counterparts were reduced to 10 men following a red card to the captain, the Golden Eaglets couldn’t capitalize on the advantage.
They went on to lose more open chances to increase the tally. At the end, it didn’t hurt as they held on to the slim lead. Nigeria qualified having defeated host Tanzania 5-4 in the opening game of the tournament.