- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
Golden Eaglets qualify for World Cup
Nigeria’s U-17 team, the Golden Eaglets have qualified for the World Cup holding later in the year in Brazil. The Manu Garba-tutored boys defeated Angola 1-0 in Tanzania at the ongoing Africa qualifiers.
The only goal was scored in the first half through a penalty. The Golden Eaglets dominated the game but lost many goal-scoring opportunities in both halves.
When their Angolan counterparts were reduced to 10 men following a red card to the captain, the Golden Eaglets couldn’t capitalize on the advantage.
They went on to lose more open chances to increase the tally. At the end, it didn’t hurt as they held on to the slim lead. Nigeria qualified having defeated host Tanzania 5-4 in the opening game of the tournament.