- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
There was pandemonium on Tuesday, 16th April 2019, over a fatal accident which occured at Apapa boundary in Ajegunle area of Lagos.
It was gathered that a boy named Kola Mutiu popularly known as ‘Black Jesus’, was trying to collect money from a trailer driver before he was crushed to death in the process.
According to eyewitnesses, the boy (Black Jesus) was following the trailer driver whom he was trying to collect money from but the driver refused to settle him. The driver was trying to get away from the boy by driving fast not knowing that he (Kola) was running after the trailer, that was when the victim was hit and crushed.
He was later rushed to the nearest hospital where he was confirmed dead.
It was gathered that the army tried to stop people from beating the trailer driver. When the area boys heard that Black Jesus had died, they turned on the soldiers, as they destroyed their vehicle and also beat them up severely.
See photos below.