- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
3 Nigerians wanted in Ghana for Kidnapping Estonian Consular
The Police are on a manhunt for three Nigerians suspected to have kidnapped a Consular General and Head of Mission of Estonia to Ghana, Hon Nabil Makram Basbous at Labone on Thursday.
According to the police, the victim was on an early morning walk when the suspects in a white Hyundai Elantra pulled up in front of him, pulled a pistol on him and ordered him to enter the car.
A statement issued and signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Accra Police command, DSP Efia Tenge, said the Charlie SWAT Unit of the Command picked up intelligence that some Nigerians residing in H/N/11/B, NTHC Estates, Vivian Farms, Lashibi, were suspicious characters who stay home all day but go out only at night.
The statement said at about 8am on Thursday, the police followed up on the intelligence and located the house but were met with resistance when they attempted entering the house.
It added that in the process all three occupants of the house scaled over a fence wall at the back and escaped.
“While police were still at the scene, victim Hon Nabil Makram Basbous, 61years, a Lebanese Consular General and Head of Mission of Estonia to Ghana came out from one of the rooms in the house,” it said.
The statement added that the victim, who lives at Labone near Wangara said he was on his early morning walk when the car pulled up in front of him.
“One of the occupants came out, pulled a pistol on him and ordered him to enter the car or risk being shot if he resists. He obliged, entered and was driven away with the kidnappers pointing a pistol and an axe at him. He could not see his way till they got to the location and was detained in the room and held hostage for payment of ransom,” the statement said.
According to the police, after searching the compound found a Retay brand Pistol loaded with 5 rounds of 7.65mm ammunition and 2 axes.