- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Nigerian Athlete, Divine Oduduru aka ‘I never expered it’ breaks record in US
Nigerian athlete, Divine Oduduru, on Saturday ran a 100m/200m double at the Michael Johnson Classicin Waco, Texas.
Divine Oduduru, a 22-year-old student of the Texas Tech University posted the fastest time in the world, this year, in the 100m of 9.95 seconds, beating his personal best time by 0.1 seconds.
45 minutes later Oduduru returned to track and clocked another impressive time of 19.76 seconds in the 200m which is the #2 all time and World lead in 2019.
Shortly after achieving the feat, he told TexasTechTF: “I worked for it and I got it.” .
“In my 35 years of coaching, I’ve never seen anything like it,” Tech coach Wes Kittley said after Oduduru recorded the double wins in the 100m and 200m events. .
“To run that 9.94 and then 40 minutes later, ran the 200. This was a really tight schedule and pretty spectacular performances that close together.”