- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Eiye Confraternity Members Arrested After Firing Gunshots At A Wedding
Police in Edo have paraded a 26-year-old Sylvester Arikhan who was an agent of one of the political parties in the recently conducted Houses of Assembly elections in Edo State, with police serviceable pistol. The suspect claimed to have been given the loaded gun by a party chieftain to protect pilot box during the election.
He said he concealed the gun in his trousers as a party agent in ward 02, Unit 01, at Udomi Primary School, Irrua in Esan Central local government area of Edo in anticipation of violence from any quarters.
He claimed to have accepted the weapon from the party chieftain because of the yet-to-be paid N150, 000.00 he promised to offer at the end of the excercise.
Sylvester Arikhan said he only got N10, 000 from the party chieftain in the area as party agent added that he refused to return the gun to the owner who did not pay for the services rendered during the poll.
Also paraded with him was one Oboh Osomurie, 21 whose possession the gun was recovered at a hotel after Sylvester fired severally at wedding and swiftly passed the gun to him.
Oboh Osomurie said it was his brother’s wedding so they decided to fire some shots as they belong to Eiye confraternity.