- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Photo of Nigerian Gateman who rejected house gift for borehole in his village from his Indian Boss
A Nigerian man has been labeled a hero by Nigerians following his selfless gesture towards his community in Birniwa local government area of Jigawa state.
The gateman identified as Musa Usman had served his Indian boss, Mr. V. Verghese, for 25 years and he was planning to leave his job to finally spend time with his family in Giljimmi, a Fulani settlement in Jigawa state.
To appreciate Usman’s services, Verghese decided to build a house for him. However, the offer was turned down. Instead, the kind gateman asked his boss to build a borehole for his community because there was shortage of water in his village and people had to go a long distance in search of clean water.
Usman who reportedly lives in a thatched house in his village – is said to have expressed no regret at turning down the offer of a new house just so his people can have clean water to drink.
In his address at the commissioning of the borehole, Mr. Verghese, said his decision for the parting gift was as a result of high degree of honesty exhibited by Usman while he was working for him, saying there was never a time when any of his items ever missed in the house for the period he had stayed with him.
“Musa has served me diligently for 25 years. We will travel to India and leave our house under his care and behold, we will meet everything intact. He is indeed, a honest Nigeria.”
Below are pictures of Musa Usman (the Gatemen), the borehole and people who attended the commissioning :