- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Photo of Nigerian Gateman who rejected house gift for borehole in his village from his Indian Boss
A Nigerian man has been labeled a hero by Nigerians following his selfless gesture towards his community in Birniwa local government area of Jigawa state.
The gateman identified as Musa Usman had served his Indian boss, Mr. V. Verghese, for 25 years and he was planning to leave his job to finally spend time with his family in Giljimmi, a Fulani settlement in Jigawa state.
To appreciate Usman’s services, Verghese decided to build a house for him. However, the offer was turned down. Instead, the kind gateman asked his boss to build a borehole for his community because there was shortage of water in his village and people had to go a long distance in search of clean water.
Usman who reportedly lives in a thatched house in his village – is said to have expressed no regret at turning down the offer of a new house just so his people can have clean water to drink.
In his address at the commissioning of the borehole, Mr. Verghese, said his decision for the parting gift was as a result of high degree of honesty exhibited by Usman while he was working for him, saying there was never a time when any of his items ever missed in the house for the period he had stayed with him.
“Musa has served me diligently for 25 years. We will travel to India and leave our house under his care and behold, we will meet everything intact. He is indeed, a honest Nigeria.”
Below are pictures of Musa Usman (the Gatemen), the borehole and people who attended the commissioning :