- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Chief Imam celebrate 100th birthday in church
Ghana’s Chief Imam, Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu visits a church to celebrate his 100th birthday and to send a ‘radical message’
Sheikh Aremeyaw Shaibu, spokesperson of the National Chief Imam has said religious tolerance has been deepened with the recent gesture by the head of the Islamic community in Ghana.
Sheikh Shaibu explained that Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu sent a strong message to the world about Islam’s foundation of peace when he joined the Christ the King Catholic Church in Accra for the Easter Sunday service.
“Indeed [he attended the church] to send a certain signal in a radical way that the narrative of Islam must change from a religion that is seen to be a religion of hate and war mongering to a religion which is rooted in the principles of love and compassion for humanity,” he said.
The visit was part of activities to celebrate the chief imam’s100th birthday. The National Chief Imam, also a member of the National Peace Council, made the symbolic visit to the Catholic Church in Accra with an entourage islamic leaders in the country,