- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
Chief Imam celebrate 100th birthday in church
Ghana’s Chief Imam, Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu visits a church to celebrate his 100th birthday and to send a ‘radical message’
Sheikh Aremeyaw Shaibu, spokesperson of the National Chief Imam has said religious tolerance has been deepened with the recent gesture by the head of the Islamic community in Ghana.
Sheikh Shaibu explained that Sheikh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu sent a strong message to the world about Islam’s foundation of peace when he joined the Christ the King Catholic Church in Accra for the Easter Sunday service.
“Indeed [he attended the church] to send a certain signal in a radical way that the narrative of Islam must change from a religion that is seen to be a religion of hate and war mongering to a religion which is rooted in the principles of love and compassion for humanity,” he said.
The visit was part of activities to celebrate the chief imam’s100th birthday. The National Chief Imam, also a member of the National Peace Council, made the symbolic visit to the Catholic Church in Accra with an entourage islamic leaders in the country,