- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
President Buhari offers employment, scholarships to 168 ex-corps members
President Buhari has given automatic employment to 168 ex-corps members and also scholarships up to Doctorate level in Nigerian universities of their choice.
The automatic employment was presented to the ex-corps members at the combined 2015/2016/2017 President’s NYSC Honours Award held at the State House Banquet Hall, Abuja last night April 26th.
Represented at the ceremony by the Vice President,Yemi Osinbajo, Presidnet Buhari said the awardees would be absorbed into the Federal Civil Service.
15 ex-corps members who suffered disability during their service year were also recognised under the NYSC Hope Alive programme. There was also the National Council for Women Affairs Award to three best female awardees.
Speaking at the award ceremony, Osinbajo said
“The fact that they have gone through these harrowing personal injuries and are still determined to engage the future with hope and confidence is proof that they will still experience the joys of great success and fulfillment.
To all of today’s honorees, let me make it clear that you are not just the future of this country, but also its present. You must all see yourselves as the leaders that you are; but leadership comes with responsibilities and continuous sacrifice.
The successes you have achieved and are being rewarded for today, should inspire you to even greater feats, in your various spheres of influence. I therefore charge you all to continue to be the light for others to follow, whilst also seeing yourselves as lifelong ambassadors of the NYSC.
In line with our policy of encouraging and rewarding excellence among our youth, I hereby announce the immediate employment into the Federal Civil Service of all the Award winners and beneficiaries of the NYSC Hope Alive Programme.
In addition, the Federal Government hereby offers each of you automatic scholarships up to Doctorate level in any Nigerian University of your choice,”.
The President’s NYSC Honours Award was instituted in 1974 to encourage corps members to contribute to the overall national development by embarking on community development projects.