- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Trouble after death as gunmen hijack corpse, kill deceased’s son, request N1m ransom in Rivers State
It was indeed a tragedy at Ahoada in Ahoada East Local Government Area of Rivers State on Friday, April 26, 2019 as unknown gunmen hijacked the corpse of a woman
People of Ahoada in Rivers State are thrown into continuous mourning after gunmen hijacked a corpse, shot dead the son of the deceased who had tried to stop them from stealing his mother’s corpse.
The abductors of the corpse have contacted the families to request a ransom of N1m for the dead body to be released.
Eye witnesses at the scene revealed that the deceased woman was being conveyed in an ambulance, to her home for burial when unknown gunmen
decked in flowing white robe but armed with AK-47 riffles ambushed them and removed her corpse from the coffin into the bush.
Upon getting wind of the incident,the son of the deceased immediately ran to the scene where he was killed by the gunmen and his body dragged into the bush in an attempt to stop him from coming after them.