- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
- Breaking: Supreme Court strikes out suit against Wike’s eligibility
- Breaking: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnapped former Super Eagles coach’s mother in Bayelsa
- Breaking: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- Just in: Kidnappers kill Sen Abbo’s uncle, abduct stepmother
Police bust gun fabricating factory, recover arms in Imo
The Commissioner of Police in Imo, Rabiu Ladodo, said the command had arrested one Eze Ajoku, a 63-year-old man in Agwa, Oguta LGA who specialized in fabricating guns.
The CP who disclosed this on Wednesday, said the suspect was among the 22 others arrested, including a serving police Inspector, for various crimes ranging from armed robbery, kidnapping, cultism and illegal possession of firearms.
He listed items recovered from the fabricating factory to include one locally made pistol, one 9MM live ammunition, two double barrel pipes and eight single barrelled pipes.
The CP said other exhibits were nine riffle engine stock, two live ammunition and expended cartridges, one drilling machine, nine saw blades among others.
Ladodo further disclosed that a serving Police Inspector, Salvation Kpun attached to OPS department in Imo was arrested at Works Layout Owerri in connection with armed robbery.
He added that a fleeing member of his gang, also a serving soldier, was being trailed by the police.
The CP warned that there would be no hiding place for criminals in the state, adding that following the recently launched Operation “Puff Adder” the command was ever ready to combat crime in Imo.