- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
Earlier WITHINNIGERIA reported the abduction of the UBEC chairman and his daughter. The duo after twenty four hours in captivity, the Chairman Board of Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Muhammed Mahmood and his daughter have regained their freedom.
An aide to the UBEC chairman, Husssain Danladi, who confirmed this development, said his boss and daughter were released at 1:30 pm today. When prodded if any ransom was paid to secure his release, Danladi said that no money was paid for his release.
Mahmood and his daughter were abducted while traveling to Abuja from Kaduna when they were attacked.