- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
Earlier WITHINNIGERIA reported the abduction of the UBEC chairman and his daughter. The duo after twenty four hours in captivity, the Chairman Board of Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Muhammed Mahmood and his daughter have regained their freedom.
An aide to the UBEC chairman, Husssain Danladi, who confirmed this development, said his boss and daughter were released at 1:30 pm today. When prodded if any ransom was paid to secure his release, Danladi said that no money was paid for his release.
Mahmood and his daughter were abducted while traveling to Abuja from Kaduna when they were attacked.