- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle welcomes baby boy with Prince Harry
Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry welcomed their first child on Monday
Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle who reportedly spent $430,000 – which is N150 million – on her lavish baby-shower in New York has welcomed a baby boy.
Buckingham Palace has announced that the Duchess of Sussex gave birth to a son at 5:26am, local time.
The Duke and Duchess are likely to announce the baby’s title in a few days, when the name will also be announced.
Unless the Queen grants a special Letters Patent, it is highly unlikely the baby will receive a Royal title like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children.
Baby Sussex was born weighing seven pounds and three ounces.
Mother and child are reported to be doing well.
Baby Sussex is seventh in line to the throne behind dad Prince Harry, Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte, Prince George, Prince William and Prince Charles.
Ahead of the birth, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex released a rare public statement in which they said they would keep the news of their first baby’s arrival into the world private.
Kensington Palace officials said in a statement that Harry and Meghan “look forward” to sharing the news of their baby’s birth once they had a chance to celebrate as a new family.
“Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private,” the statement said.
“The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”