- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Akwa Ibom Uni student who refused to let go his phone shot dead by robbers
AKSU Student shot dead while struggling with armed robbers who wanted to snatch his phone in Akwa Ibom
According to eyewitness report, Emem Jimmy, a 200 level Political Science student of the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) attempted to resist some gunmen from snatching his phone when he was shot dead by the hoodlums.
The sad incident happened during the last the weekend along Wilson Idiong street, close to the Obio Akpa campus of the University in Oruk Anam local government area of the state.
The Head, Directorate of Information, Public Relations and Protocol of the University, Mr Akaninyene Ibanga, who confirmed the incident, said the victim died though he was immediately rushed to the hospital for treatment.
A statement from the Ibanga read;
“Late Emem was shot between the hours of 8.30 – 9pm at Wilson Idiong Street, off Ikot Okoro Road, Obioakpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area in an attempt to resist unknown gunmen from snatching his phone. He was rushed immediately to the hospital for treatment which the University Management took over the hospital bills just to save his life but on Saturday late Emem could not survive the struggle with death, so he finally passed on at about 12.30pm.”