- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Akwa Ibom Uni student who refused to let go his phone shot dead by robbers
AKSU Student shot dead while struggling with armed robbers who wanted to snatch his phone in Akwa Ibom
According to eyewitness report, Emem Jimmy, a 200 level Political Science student of the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) attempted to resist some gunmen from snatching his phone when he was shot dead by the hoodlums.
The sad incident happened during the last the weekend along Wilson Idiong street, close to the Obio Akpa campus of the University in Oruk Anam local government area of the state.
The Head, Directorate of Information, Public Relations and Protocol of the University, Mr Akaninyene Ibanga, who confirmed the incident, said the victim died though he was immediately rushed to the hospital for treatment.
A statement from the Ibanga read;
“Late Emem was shot between the hours of 8.30 – 9pm at Wilson Idiong Street, off Ikot Okoro Road, Obioakpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area in an attempt to resist unknown gunmen from snatching his phone. He was rushed immediately to the hospital for treatment which the University Management took over the hospital bills just to save his life but on Saturday late Emem could not survive the struggle with death, so he finally passed on at about 12.30pm.”