- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
FFK disagrees with presidency that Miyetti Allah is like Ohanaeze/Afenifere
Femi Fani-Kayode FFK, has reacted to the presidency comparing Miyetti Allah to socio-cultural groups like Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo. The comparison was made by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in an interview with Channels TV.
“The Miyetti Allah group is like Ohanaeze Ndigbo or the Afenifere. It’s just a cultural group” he said.
“There are criminals with the Yoruba race and you cannot say because there are Yoruba criminals, then Afenifere is a band of criminals,” he added.
In reaction, FFK stated via a series of tweets that such comparison is similar to comparing the church of Satan with the Vatican.
“No they are not.
“They are an association of butchers of cows and men. They are the purveyors of violence, the custodians of falsehood and the repositories of evil. They are as perfidious as they are dangerous!
“They are an umbrella organisation of dark, callous, bloodthirsty and merciless men that seek to legitimise, shield and protect the Fulani herdsmen, the fourth most deadly terrorist organisation in the world.
“Comparing them to Afenifere or Ohaneze is like comparing the Church of Satan and the Cosa Nostra to the Vatican and the Anglican Communion,” the minister said.