- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
FFK disagrees with presidency that Miyetti Allah is like Ohanaeze/Afenifere
Femi Fani-Kayode FFK, has reacted to the presidency comparing Miyetti Allah to socio-cultural groups like Afenifere and Ohanaeze Ndigbo. The comparison was made by Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, in an interview with Channels TV.
“The Miyetti Allah group is like Ohanaeze Ndigbo or the Afenifere. It’s just a cultural group” he said.
“There are criminals with the Yoruba race and you cannot say because there are Yoruba criminals, then Afenifere is a band of criminals,” he added.
In reaction, FFK stated via a series of tweets that such comparison is similar to comparing the church of Satan with the Vatican.
“No they are not.
“They are an association of butchers of cows and men. They are the purveyors of violence, the custodians of falsehood and the repositories of evil. They are as perfidious as they are dangerous!
“They are an umbrella organisation of dark, callous, bloodthirsty and merciless men that seek to legitimise, shield and protect the Fulani herdsmen, the fourth most deadly terrorist organisation in the world.
“Comparing them to Afenifere or Ohaneze is like comparing the Church of Satan and the Cosa Nostra to the Vatican and the Anglican Communion,” the minister said.