- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Jigawa State lawmakers have elected a former speaker, who was also impeached in 2017, Honourable Idris Garba Kareka, to replace the speaker, Mr Isah Idris that was impeached today.
The Speaker was impeached on Thursday in an emergency meeting. The meeting had in attendance 20 out of 30 lawmakers.
The House, after the impeachment unanimously voted Idris Garba Kareka as the newly elected Speaker of the House.
Also impeached, were Majority leader, Sank Isiyaku as well as Chief Whip, Aminu Sule Sankara.