- BREAKING: Tragedy averted as Air Peace plane loses front tire, crash-lands in Lagos Airport [VIDEO]
- Breaking: Gunshots as Shi’ites return to the streets of Abuja
- BREAKING: House of Reps in rowdy session over El-Zakzaky, Shiites
- UPDATED: See full list of Buhari’s ministerial nominees
- UPDATED: Buhari appoints Akpabio, Keyamo, Fashola, 40 other ministers
- Buhari finally sends ministerial nominees list to Senate
- BREAKING: Multi-Million Naira Properties Destroyed As Ojodu Market Goes Ablaze
- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
Jigawa State lawmakers have elected a former speaker, who was also impeached in 2017, Honourable Idris Garba Kareka, to replace the speaker, Mr Isah Idris that was impeached today.
The Speaker was impeached on Thursday in an emergency meeting. The meeting had in attendance 20 out of 30 lawmakers.
The House, after the impeachment unanimously voted Idris Garba Kareka as the newly elected Speaker of the House.
Also impeached, were Majority leader, Sank Isiyaku as well as Chief Whip, Aminu Sule Sankara.