- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
Osun State Elections: Oyetola wins Adeleke in Appeal Court
Governor Gboyega Oyetola has been declared the winner of last year’s gubernatorial election in Osun State.
The Appeal Court sitting in Abuja has declared Oyetola winner of the controversial gubernatorial election held in Osun State.
An Osun State Election tribunal had earlier declared Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party winner of the controversial election.
The tribunal also declared the September 27 rerun election in the state illegal.
The three-man panel of the Tribunal gave the judgement following the petition filed by the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Ademola Adeleke against the All Progressives Congress, APC and its candidate, Gboyega Oyetola.
The Tribunal also ruled that PDP and Adeleke proved that it was the state Returning Officer who cancelled the results in 7 Polling Units, adding that the petitioners also proved that the Returning Officer has no power to cancel election results of a polling unit.
The sitting governor, Gboyega Oyetola, however, filed an appeal against the ruling.