- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Adeleke VS Oyetola: Appeal tribunal set aside previous judgment sacking Osun governor
The appeal tribunal in the Osun State governorship election dispute has set aside the judgment by the tribunal sacking Governor Adegboyega Oyetola.
Justice Jumai Sankey, who read the lead on Thursday, held that the election tribunal was wrong in its majority judgment authored by Justice Peter Obiorah, in voiding Oyetola’s victory.
While three other members of the appeal tribunal agreed with Sankey, one dissented.
The judgment, which the first of four, to be delivered by the appeal panel, is on the appeal filed by Oyetola.
The appeal panel is currently delivering its judgment in the appeal by the APC. It will also deliver judgments in the appeal by INEC and the cross-appeal by Ademola Adeleke and the PDP.