- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
Nigerian man who tried to board plane without valid passport arrested in India
Nigerian man arrested at India airport as he was about to board a plane without valid passport
Police in Guwahati, India police on May 17th, arrested a Nigerian national from the Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International (LGBI) Airport for failing to provide a valid passport.
The accused identified as Franklin Okesua was detained during checking at the airport.
According to police, Okesua was about to board a Vistara flight to the national capital, New Delhi.
“Franklin Okesua could not provide his passport during the checking,” police said.
A case (No 307/2019) has been registered against the accused under sections 12 (1-A) and 12 (B) of the Passport Act 1967 and 14 of the Foreigners Act 1946 at the Azara Police Station. Later, the court sent the accused behind the bars in the case.