- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Rihanna Confirms She’s Releasing Reggae Album As Next Musical Project
The album will not feature Lady Gaga and Drake as many speculated
Rihanna has officially confirmed her forthcoming studio album, ‘R9’ is going to be a reggae album.
The singer, beauty boss and humanitarian gave out some details of her next musical project in her latest interview with Times’ T Magazine. Rihanna said the title of the ‘Anti’ follow-up album was hinted by her fans that she referred to as RiRi Navy.
She thanks her fans for the title, adding, “So far it’s just been R9, thanks to the Navy (fans). I’m about to call it that probably, ’cause they have haunted me with this: ‘R9, R9, when is R9 coming out?’ How will I accept another name after that’s been burned into my skull?”
The album that’s currently without a release date will also not feature Lady Gaga and Drake as many speculated, although the singer is not ruling out collaboration with the former.
Speaking on probable collaboration with Gaga, she said; “Maybe because she followed me on Instagram (fans think it’s happening), but it’s not in the books right now,” Rihanna tell The Times’ T Magazine. “But I’m not against it.”
As for a Drake duet, the Umbrella singer noted, “I don’t see it happening. Not on this album, that’s for sure.”