- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Man in police net for raising false kidnap alarm in Kaduna
Man,whose false kidnap alarm led to the killing of three innocent persons in Kaduna metropolis has been arrested.
The Kaduna State Police Command on Tuesday said it had arrested the man whose false kidnap alarm led to the killing of three innocent persons at Kawo in Kaduna metropolis on Monday morning.
The Command’s Public Relation Officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo, had earlier explained that the incident was not a kidnap attempt but that Musa was trailed by policemen from Lagos command for jumping bail in an ongoing fraud case.
His words: “Some operatives from Lagos Command came in respect of one Alhaji Musa in a fraud case. They came with some sureties who stood for bail for him in Lagos.
“While the Police were putting together their papers, the three friends or sureties decided to track and put a tab on him. They met him and told him to follow them but he refused and decided to take his children to school.
“He raised false alarm that they were kidnappers trailing him, that was how the driver trapped in the vehicle was lynched. One of them was wounded in the head and fell into a gutter, the other two escaped and were sheltered in a filling station.”
“The Police are investigating the matter and more updates will follow in due course,” he said.