- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Reno Omokri advises Buhari to ban Sniper as suicide rate increases
Reno Omokri has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to place a ban on Sniper which many have seen as a substance poisonous enough for suicide.
In his post, he called on the president to address the nation which is currently experiencing an alarming rate of suicide.
Dear President @MBuhari,
SUICIDE is at epidemic levels. I urge you to set up a National Suicide Prevention Team. Ban sales of SNIPER and similar substances. But most importantly, address the nation and give hope to the hopeless. God bless you.
A Twitter user argued that the problem behind suicide is not the insecticide called Sniper and so should not be banned. In reaction, Reno Omokri wrote:
Nigerians argue anyhow. Who has said sniper is the problem? It is one of the challenges. We can’t do anything about all of them, but at least we can regulate pharmaceutical poisons. Anyway, reasoning with a lot of Nigerians (not all) can be very frustrating. We deserve our lot.
Many Nigerians don’t understand how the banning pharmaceuticals work. In advanced nations, substances, like sniper, are regulated. Before you can buy them, you need a certificate or a prescription. We need this. These substances shouldn’t just be available for sale to just anyone