- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
NAF fighter jets kill scores of Boko Haram insurgents in Borno
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has claimed to have inflicted heavy casualties on scores of Boko Haram insurgents in an air strike at the fringes of Lake Chad in Borno state.
The air strike, according to to the spokesman of the Air Force, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, was conducted by Nigeria Air force, adding that the attack destroyed the insurgents and their structures.
Daramola, in a statement, said the insurgents who were fleeing from the bombardments of Niger and Chadian Air Force met their Waterloo with the Nigerian Air Force.
“The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has inflicted heavy casualties on Islamic State of West Africa (ISWAP) elements in devastating air strikes conducted at Tumbun Hamma on the fringes of Lake Chad yesterday, 24 May 2019.
“The attack was preceded by series of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions which confirmed the heavy presence of terrorists in several structures, along with their logistics items, spread across the small settlement. Accordingly, the ATF scrambled an Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the location, recording a successful direct hit in the centre of the target area leading to the neutralization of several terrorists as well as the destruction of their structures and logistics.
” The NAF, operating in concert with surface forces, will sustain its operations to completely degrade the terrorists in the Northeast. “