- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Tension as suspected herdsmen attack RCCG pastor in Ondo
A Pastor with The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Akure, Ondo state, Femi Ajayi, has been attacked by suspected Fulani herdsmen leaving him with deep machete-inflicted injuries.
After a failed kidnapping attempt by the rampaging Fulani herdsmen, Ajayi was attacked, at his residence of Abusoro in Odudun axis of Akure South Local Government Area.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor was given a gash on his forehead and another deep cut on his right hand.
The pastor time to explain how the invaders jumped into his compound with the plan of abducting him for ransom.
The Pastor said: “It was in broad daylight that the three of them (Fulani herdsmen) with big guns and cutlasses invaded my building.
“They jumped the fence into my compound and came in through the poultry area with the attempt to kidnap me for ransom.
“The three of them (herdsmen) had already blocked the entrance to my house and I did not even know there was another one outside the building.
“Immediately I saw them, I shouted for help in the street and they began running after me but I really don’t know how I escaped from them”, he explained.
Pastor Ajayi noted that he escaped miraculously with some wounds – on his forehead and hand as a result of cut inflicted on him by his assailants while struggling with him.