- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Tension as suspected herdsmen attack RCCG pastor in Ondo
A Pastor with The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Akure, Ondo state, Femi Ajayi, has been attacked by suspected Fulani herdsmen leaving him with deep machete-inflicted injuries.
After a failed kidnapping attempt by the rampaging Fulani herdsmen, Ajayi was attacked, at his residence of Abusoro in Odudun axis of Akure South Local Government Area.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor was given a gash on his forehead and another deep cut on his right hand.
The pastor time to explain how the invaders jumped into his compound with the plan of abducting him for ransom.
The Pastor said: “It was in broad daylight that the three of them (Fulani herdsmen) with big guns and cutlasses invaded my building.
“They jumped the fence into my compound and came in through the poultry area with the attempt to kidnap me for ransom.
“The three of them (herdsmen) had already blocked the entrance to my house and I did not even know there was another one outside the building.
“Immediately I saw them, I shouted for help in the street and they began running after me but I really don’t know how I escaped from them”, he explained.
Pastor Ajayi noted that he escaped miraculously with some wounds – on his forehead and hand as a result of cut inflicted on him by his assailants while struggling with him.