- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Abducted Kannywood director, Salisu Muazu, regains freedom
Abducted filmmaker, Salisu Muazu, and two others, have regained their freedom two days after being abducted by unknown gunmen, along the Kaduna-Jos road on Thursday.
Alhaji Sani Muazu, a brother to the victim, confirmed their release to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Sunday.
He said all the three victims were freed after paying the N10m ransom as demanded by the kidnappers.
According to Sani, “We paid the ransom and we were misled on where we could reach our brothers and while searching, a truck driver, who saw them, led us to where we could find them.”
He described the situation and the experience of trying to secure their release as a gruelling one for both the captives and their relatives.
Sani and Salisu are both filmmakers and television experts who have been in Kannywood since the inception of the industry.