- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
Abducted Kannywood director, Salisu Muazu, regains freedom
Abducted filmmaker, Salisu Muazu, and two others, have regained their freedom two days after being abducted by unknown gunmen, along the Kaduna-Jos road on Thursday.
Alhaji Sani Muazu, a brother to the victim, confirmed their release to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Sunday.
He said all the three victims were freed after paying the N10m ransom as demanded by the kidnappers.
According to Sani, “We paid the ransom and we were misled on where we could reach our brothers and while searching, a truck driver, who saw them, led us to where we could find them.”
He described the situation and the experience of trying to secure their release as a gruelling one for both the captives and their relatives.
Sani and Salisu are both filmmakers and television experts who have been in Kannywood since the inception of the industry.