- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
BREAKING: Moon seen, Nigerians to celebrate Sallah Tuesday
The new moon marking the end of Ramadan has been seen, an official has told newsmen. Ishaq Oloyede, the Secretary General of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) said the Sultan of Sokoto, Saad Abubakar, will make an official announcement on Monday night.
The Sultan is the head of the NSCIA.
The moon was seen in Damaturu and another town, Mr Oloyede, a professor, said.
The new moon marks the end of the 29 days of Ramadan fast for Muslims. Tuesday will, thus, be the first day of the Islamic month of Shawwal and the celebration of Eid-el-fitr.