- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Bomb blast in Imo kills 3
Police authority in Imo on Thursday confirmed that a bomb exploded in the state killing three persons.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Imo, Orlando Ikeokwu, said the explosion occurred in Eziorsu community in Oguta local government area.
Ikeokwu gave the names of the victims as Elvis Ukado; Kasiemobi Uzoma and Justice Adie.
The police image maker said: “It was an unexploded ordinance in a scrap dump.
“The bomb exploded killing three of them at the scene while one of the victims was beating the scrap iron in order to compress it.”
Orlando also confirmed that the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, and his team had visited the bomb explosion scene at Oguta.
He added: “The Commissioner of Police wishes to use this medium to warn all members of the public to promptly report any metal device suspected to be Unexploded Ordnance or Explosive (UXO), for possible examination, evacuation and possible destruction.”
An eyewitness from the community, who also confirmed the development said that the explosion affected people around the scene due to the violent wave and effect of the sound.