- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Bomb blast in Imo kills 3
Police authority in Imo on Thursday confirmed that a bomb exploded in the state killing three persons.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Imo, Orlando Ikeokwu, said the explosion occurred in Eziorsu community in Oguta local government area.
Ikeokwu gave the names of the victims as Elvis Ukado; Kasiemobi Uzoma and Justice Adie.
The police image maker said: “It was an unexploded ordinance in a scrap dump.
“The bomb exploded killing three of them at the scene while one of the victims was beating the scrap iron in order to compress it.”
Orlando also confirmed that the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, and his team had visited the bomb explosion scene at Oguta.
He added: “The Commissioner of Police wishes to use this medium to warn all members of the public to promptly report any metal device suspected to be Unexploded Ordnance or Explosive (UXO), for possible examination, evacuation and possible destruction.”
An eyewitness from the community, who also confirmed the development said that the explosion affected people around the scene due to the violent wave and effect of the sound.