- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
The Lagos state police command have arrested a 61-year-old man identified as Jeremiah Obifor, for cutting off the hand of an 11year-old boy identied as Goodluck Amechi, in the Okokomaiko area of the state.
A statement by the command’s spokesperson, Bala Elkana, says on Friday June 7th, a lady identified as Doris Isaac of No. 6 Ajanaku Street, Okoko reported at Okoko Police Station that on the same date at about 8.20am, her foster son, Goodluck was attacked with a matchet by one Jeremiah and cut off his right hand.
The victim was rushed to Igando General Hospital. The suspect alleged that he saw the victim around his fish pond and thought that he came to steal his fish, that is why he attacked him.
Investigation is ongoing and the suspect will be charged to Court.