- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, was conspicuously absent at the Eagles Square venue of the 2019 Democracy Day celebration when the event started.
Former presidents and Heads of state were scheduled to arrive the venue by 9.35am
Obasanjo apart from criticising President Muhammadu Buhari’s first term administration had advised Buhari not to run for the 2019 Presidential election.
The former President Goodluck Jonathan was also not at the Eagles Square when the events started.
Also absent at 10.15am when President Muhammadu Buhari arrived the venue was the former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon.
Meanwhile,Buhari,lawan,Gbajabiamila arrived the occasion in the early hour of today.