- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, was conspicuously absent at the Eagles Square venue of the 2019 Democracy Day celebration when the event started.
Former presidents and Heads of state were scheduled to arrive the venue by 9.35am
Obasanjo apart from criticising President Muhammadu Buhari’s first term administration had advised Buhari not to run for the 2019 Presidential election.
The former President Goodluck Jonathan was also not at the Eagles Square when the events started.
Also absent at 10.15am when President Muhammadu Buhari arrived the venue was the former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon.
Meanwhile,Buhari,lawan,Gbajabiamila arrived the occasion in the early hour of today.