- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
The Nigerian Senate has adjourned its plenary till July 2.
The adjournment follows a motion moved by the Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege, on Thursday.
Shortly before the adjournment, the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, announced a 12-member committee to handle house-keeping issues for the lawmakers.
“The Senate will set up an ad-hoc committee to work with management of the National Assembly for the allocation of our seats in the Senate and allocation of offices as well. It has two weeks to complete its assignment,” Mr Lawan said.
Senators in the committee include Abubakar Kyari (Chairman), Aisha Modibo, Gabriel Suswam, Sabi Abdullahi, Betty Apiafi, Bassey Akpan, and Jibrin Barau.
Others are Ibrahim Gobir, Nicholas Tofowomo, Adeola Olamilekan, Chukwuka Utazi, and Stella Oduah.