- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Four suspected cultists arrested in Ogun
The Ogun State Police Command said it had arrested four members of the Eiye Confraternity in Iwesi, Ijebu-Ode Local Government Area of the state, while they were planning an attack.
The suspects, Tunde Olabinjo, 22; Raheem Ibrahim, 28; Tawaq Azeez, 31; and Bisoye Ajayi, were apprehended at their hideout by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said in a statement on Wednesday that the arrest was as a result of information received by the command that some members of the group were holding a meeting in a hideout in Iwesi.
He stated, “On receiving the information, the Commissioner of Police, Bashir Makama, gave a marching order to the officer-in-charge of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, CSP Tijani Muhammed, to move into the area and nip the planned attack in the bud.
“In compliance with the CP’s directive, a team of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad stormed the hideout, where four members of the group were arrested.”
The PPRO added that some weapons were recovered from the hoodlums, including a cut-to-size single-barrelled gun, a locally-made pistol and one axe.