- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
Lagos govt shuts mile 2, tin can island road for repair
The Lagos State government has announced that the road from Mile Two to Tin Can Island along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway has been shut today.
Taiwo Salaam, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transportation, made the announcement on Monday, saying the closure was to allow palliative repairs on the road.
According to him, the closure takes effect from Monday, June 17, 2019, and will last for 48 hours.
Salaam said the closure would be effected to allow the construction company to “speed up the palliative repair works on the corridor due to incessant and avoidable accidents experienced by motorists.”
He advised all trucks to avoid the affected corridors to allow all the repair works to be done.
He added that these repairs and so many others that are in the offing are in line with the plans of the administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu in a bid to ease traffic worries for Lagosians.