- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Lagos govt shuts mile 2, tin can island road for repair
The Lagos State government has announced that the road from Mile Two to Tin Can Island along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway has been shut today.
Taiwo Salaam, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transportation, made the announcement on Monday, saying the closure was to allow palliative repairs on the road.
According to him, the closure takes effect from Monday, June 17, 2019, and will last for 48 hours.
Salaam said the closure would be effected to allow the construction company to “speed up the palliative repair works on the corridor due to incessant and avoidable accidents experienced by motorists.”
He advised all trucks to avoid the affected corridors to allow all the repair works to be done.
He added that these repairs and so many others that are in the offing are in line with the plans of the administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu in a bid to ease traffic worries for Lagosians.