- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
Lagos govt shuts mile 2, tin can island road for repair
The Lagos State government has announced that the road from Mile Two to Tin Can Island along Oshodi-Apapa Expressway has been shut today.
Taiwo Salaam, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Transportation, made the announcement on Monday, saying the closure was to allow palliative repairs on the road.
According to him, the closure takes effect from Monday, June 17, 2019, and will last for 48 hours.
Salaam said the closure would be effected to allow the construction company to “speed up the palliative repair works on the corridor due to incessant and avoidable accidents experienced by motorists.”
He advised all trucks to avoid the affected corridors to allow all the repair works to be done.
He added that these repairs and so many others that are in the offing are in line with the plans of the administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu in a bid to ease traffic worries for Lagosians.