- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
Woman flees after burning stepson’s face with hot iron
A middle-aged housewife, Saude Kuti, has fled her home after allegedly torturing her 10-year-old stepson, Ezekiel Kuti, with a hot pressing iron.
It was learnt that Saude allegedly burnt Ezekiel’s face with a hot pressing iron for spilling groundnut oil on the floor.
It was gathered that after spilling the groundnut oil, Ezekiel filled the bottle with water in order to conceal his mistake for fear of being beaten.
The victim said Saude became furious when she came back and discovered the mixture of oil and water.
The 10-year-old narrated that when the pain was too much for him, he fled the home.
He stated, “I wanted to take something in the cupboard when the groundnut oil mistakenly spilled on the floor and I immediately scooped it back into the bottle but when I realised that the oil did not fill the bottle, I added water because I wanted to avoid torture by my stepmother.
“When she came back and discovered the mixture of water and oil, she called me and asked how it happened and she started beating me, but when she discovered that I was not crying, she plugged the iron and pressed it on my face.”
The Basic 4 pupil, who noted that he had been experiencing constant beating by his stepmother before the incident, said she had done a similar thing to one of his siblings in the past by pouring hot water on her.
He added that because there was no evidence against her, the case was dropped.