- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
President Muhammadu Buhari has reappointed Mr. Ahmed Idris, as the Accountant General of the Federation.
The Director, Communications, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHoSCF), Mrs. Wunmi Ogunmosunle, made the announcement in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
The appointment will take effect from June 25.
The statement read: “The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr. Ahmed Idris for the second and final term of four years as Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, in accordance with Section 171 of the 199 Constitution of Nigeria (as amended),” she said.
Idris was first appointed in June 2015, was Director of Finance and Account at the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development.
He had also served as Director of Finance and Accounts at the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) headquarters, Abuja.