- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
Court sends Abuja driver to prison for obstructing traffic
An Upper Area Court Mpape, Abuja, on Wednesday, sentenced a 36-year-old commercial driver, Unubi Ekale, to eight months in prison for obstructing traffic flow.
The Judge, Hassan Muhammad, sentenced Ekale after he pleaded guilty to charges of causing obstruction on the public highway, expired vehicle particulars, and expired National Drivers License.
Muhammad, however, gave the convict an option to pay N14,000 fine.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Stanley Nwaforaku told the court that the defendant of Mpape area Abuja, a driver of Ford galaxy with Registration No. ABC 481 RX, obstructed free flow of traffic while picking and discharging passengers.
Nwaforaku said the convict, during proper checking at the Police station, was discovered to be operating with expired driver’s license and vehicle particulars.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 63 (3)RTR, 19 (k)(j)RTR, 7 (i)(g)RTL of the Penal Code.