- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Five Nigerians rape woman in husband’s presence — Ghana Police
The Tema Police have arrested five Nigerians who allegedly raped a woman in the presence of her husband during a robbery attack.
They were arrested on Friday after the couple sighted them walking in the neighbourhood, though, the incident took place on May 8 this year, the Ghana newspaper, Graphic, reports.
The suspects are Ako Anthony, 36; Kelvin Damas, 23; Obas Godsay, 16; Donald Pande, 24 and Olufu Rhema, 16.
According to the Crime Officer of the Prampram Divisional Police Command, Chief Superintendent Cecilia Arko, the suspects attacked mobile money vendors, mostly women, in their house with machetes and guns and rape them after taking away their valuables.
She said, about a month ago, four of the suspects attacked the couple at their residence at about 3 am.
According to her, the suspects who were aiming at a mobile money vendor, mistakenly went to the house of the couple and held them hostage before demanding money and valuables.
She said because the couple were unable to meet their demand, one of the suspects sent the woman into another room and forcibly had sex with her while his accomplices filmed the act with a cell phone.
Chief Superintendent Arko said last Thursday, the couple were walking in the neighbourhood when the woman spotted the suspect who removed his mask before filming the act.
She said she alerted her husband who confronted the suspect on the street.
She said the suspect took to his heels but was apprehended by neighbours after the man raised an alarm.
He was then handed over to the police and upon interrogation; he admitted the offence and led the police to his other accomplices.