- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
NNPC to resume oil search in Chad basin — GMD
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says it will resume crude oil search in the Chad basin immediately it gets clearance from security agencies in the country.
The Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti Baru made the disclosure during a courtesy visit on him by Governor of Bauchi State, Senator Bala Mohammed in Abuja on Wednesday.
He insisted that the prospect of finding oil in the Chad Basin was high.
“We will go back there as soon as we receive security clearance. There seem to be some prospects there because Niger Republic drilled over 600 wells and now they are producing while we have only drilled 23 wells,” he said.
He pledged the support of NNPC on the proposed Institute of Petroleum Studies to be established in Bauchi State University.
He also assured the governor of synergy between the institution and the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), Warri, for exchange programmes and manpower development.
The NNPC boss said oil search in the Chad Basin was suspended after a team of its Frontier Exploration Services and their consultants from the University of Maiduguri were attacked and some of them abducted on July 25, 2017.
In his remarks, Mohammed said his visit was to seek collaboration with the corporation on how to move the state forward.
“We are happy that we have some hydrocarbon not only in Bauchi but also in Gombe both in the Gongola Basin, and we are totally committed to the exploration activities of the NNPC in the area,” he said.