- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Truck crushes motorcyclist to death in Ibadan
A middle-aged man was yesterday crushed to death by a truck at the Bashorun-Idi Ape junction, Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
Eyewitnesses recount that the man, who was riding a motorcycle, popularly known as Okada, and whose identity is unknown, was heading towards Agodi Gate axis from Iwo road before he met his untimely death.
According to eyewitnesses, two motorcycle riders approaching the junction at top speed had collided behind a truck, which was also going enroute Bashorun from the Agodi Gate axis but had crushed the victim unknowingly as a result of the accident.
It took the intervention of other road users who had stopped at the junction to give helping hands and rescue the other cyclist from being crushed as they called the attention of the truck driver to the accident.
All the eyewitnesses at the scene confirmed that the truck driver was not in any way at fault. They blamed the crushed motorcycle rider for excessive speed.
A mild drama played out at the scene when the owner of the crushed motorcycle slumped and collapse on seeing that his motorcycle was damaged beyond repair. It took the intervention of the onlookers to revive him and save the situation.
The mangled body of the deceased has been deposited at Ade-Oyo hospital for autopsy.