- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Unibadan Expels 5, Rusticates 16 Students
The Central Student Disciplinary Committee, CSDC, of the University of Ibadan, UI, has meted various punishments to 22 erring students of different departments.
According to a Special Bulletin 4220 signed by the institution’s Registrar, Olubunmi O. Faluyi, the CSDS took its decision on the erring students at its meeting held on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
Those expelled are: Ajuwon Gabriel, Yetunde Mary Agbanigo, Kehinde Samuel Aluko, Olufemi Olusegun Ogunwo and Saheed Ademola Oshodi with matriculation numbers, EO27559, EO30033, EO16154, EO23128 and EO25356.
The students from the Department of Economics were found guilty of impersonation. They are all students of Distance Learning Centre, DLC, of the Premier University.
Also, from the Centre are 10 students rusticated for two semesters for examination misconduct. The affected students are: Adekemi O. Balogun, EO26918 from Communication and Language Arts; Seyi Odufuwa, EO28153 from the Department of Economics, Blessing Ajeh, EO15987 from Guidance & Counselling; Lydia Usman, EO17123; Omi-Damola Oyin, EO22060, Otepola Adeniyi, EO29832, Yekini Saheed Abiodun, EO24999, all from the Department of Political Science and Rebecca Ediale, EO15163, Ogiogwa Eunice E., EO37834 and Lawal Kafilat Ajibola, EO 37850, all from the Department of Social Work.
Kolajo Olajide Kazeem, EO 29368, from the Department of Economics was discharged of the examination misconduct charge levelled against her.
Also rusticated for two semesters for gross misconduct are regular students from the Department of Archaeology & Anthropology. The affected students are: Temidayo D. Orimoloye, 184354, Opeyemi Abon, 183966, Opeoluwa Oloundare, 184331, Olalekan S. Adejumo, 190213, Akinboade Adesomoju, 184008 and David O. Gabriel, 185843.