- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Ethiopian Airlines remains best in Africa for 3rd consecutive year
In spite of the recent incidents of air crash and near-crash involving it, Ethiopian Airlines Group, the largest Aviation Group in Africa, has again been voted the ‘Best Airline in Africa’ for third consecutive year.
Mr Tewolde GebreMariam, the Group Chief Executive Officer of Ethiopian Airlines, made the disclosure in a statement in Lagos on Wednesday.
GebreMariam said the airline bagged the award at the Skytrax 2019 World Airlines Awards in Paris on 18 June.
He further disclosed that the company also won ‘Best Business Class in Africa’ as well as ‘Best Economy Class in Africa’ at the award ceremony.
He said: “We are glad to have been named the ‘Best Airline in Africa’, ‘Best Business Class in Africa’ and ‘Best Economy Class in Africa’, based on the votes of travellers.
“I would like to sincerely thank, first and foremost, our global customers for the strong and consistent vote of confidence.
“Thanks to the entire colleagues at Ethiopian airlines, who always make extraordinary efforts to delight their customers.
“We have grown to more than 120 destinations worldwide with 115 ultra-modern fleet.
“We offer excellent connectivity with one of the best travel experiences that helped us become the best airline in Africa and one of the front-runners in the world.”
GebreMariam said Ethiopian Airlines had previously received SKYTRAX World Airline Award for Best Airline Staff in Africa, two times and ‘Best Airline in Africa’, ‘Best Business Class in Africa’ and ‘Best Economy Class in Africa’ 2018.
“While much has evolved in the industry, Ethiopian has stood the test of time and achieved most of its overarching goals, going halfway through its projected 15-year plan, Vision 2025.