- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
MicroStrategy Sells Voice.com Domain Name for $30 Million
MicroStrategy a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, today announced that it has sold the Voice.com domain name for $30 million in cash in a transaction facilitated by GoDaddy and consummated on May 30, 2019. The domain name has subsequently been used by Block.one to launch its new blockchain-based social media platform called Voice.
Reacting to the sale, the Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of MicroStrategy Incorporated said:
“Block.one has made a smart strategic decision in choosing Voice.com to be the internet domain name for its new social media platform. The word ‘voice’ is simple and universally understood. It’s also ubiquitous ― as a search term, it returns billions of results on the internet. An ultra-premium domain name like Voice.com can help a company achieve instant brand recognition, ignite a business, and massively accelerate value creation,” said Marge Breya, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, MicroStrategy Incorporated.
“MicroStrategy holds more than a dozen evocative and powerful domain names. While our focus continues to be on our core analytics and mobility business, we are open to leveraging these domain names in equity or other strategic transactions with well-funded parties,” added Ms. Breya.