- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Copa America 2019: Alexis Sanchez’s goal against Ecuador sends Chile into quarter-finals
Chile striker, Alexis Sanchez, continued his resurgent form at the 2019 Copa America in Brazil by scoring the winning goal in his side’s 2-1 win over Ecuador on Friday night.
The Manchester United star, who had ended a barren five-month spell by scoring in Monday’s 4-0 win against Japan, put Chile ahead early in the second half.
Sanchez did so by expertly guiding a bouncing cross into the net with one touch.
Chile took the lead in the eighth minute when Jose Fuenzalida volleyed into the net.
But Ecuador were awarded a penalty kick when goalkeeper Gabriel Arias clattered Jhegson Mendez, allowing Enner Valencia to level from the spot in the 26th minute.
The win fired Chile into the quarter-finals of the competition.