- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
AMCON’s takeover move followed the dismissal of an appeal filed by Rev Olajide Awosedo against an October 3, 2017 judgment of the Federal High Court in a suit marked FHC/L/CS/744/17 – Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria v. Knight Rook Limited & Ors.
The appellate court also awarded a cumulative sum of N12, 966,510,191 in favour of AMCON against Knight Rook Ltd, Grant Properties Ltd, Rev Olajide Awosedo, Olawunmi Olajide-Awosedo, Abimbola Olajide-Awosedo and Fibigboye Estates Ltd.
However, Mr Mumini Shitu, one of the Homeowners at Victory Park Estate has cried out, with claims that AMCON Receiver Manager took illegal possession of his house in Lekki Victory Park Estate.
Shitu said ‘the receiver has made my issue personal and has disregarded all applicable law, he has expressed to me that he will make me suffer and made good on that threat by kicking me and family out into the street’.
Below is a video showing the moment Mr Mumini Shitu’s residence was allegedly stormed by Thugs and Policemen to enforce takeover.
Meanwhile, Some residents, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed the development.
They noted that they were aware of a series of court actions regarding the alleged debt and the collateral land, as well as the judgment, adding that many of the residents who had earlier acquired titles from the alleged debtors were affected by the judgment.
Others stated that they were in receipt of an official statement by AMCON to residents, notifying them of the appellate court judgments, upholding the lower court judgment.