- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Flash flood kills 2 who refuse to leave home in Russia
Two residents of a small rural town in the Siberian region of Irkutsk were killed in a flash flood after they refused to leave their family’s home, authorities said on Friday.
Torrential rains in the region have caused several tributaries of the Angara river to overflow, resulting in severe flooding.
Thousands of residents have had to be rescued from their inundated houses.
In the town of Yevdokimova, ‘local authorities went door to door, asking residents to leave their homes,’ the regional administration said, emphasizing the importance of heeding such a warning.
‘One family refused to evacuate. As a result, the unfortunate incident occurred,’ the statement said, referring to the two deaths.
Authorities have been providing food, fresh water and shelter to local residents amid the emergency situation.