- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Flash flood kills 2 who refuse to leave home in Russia
Two residents of a small rural town in the Siberian region of Irkutsk were killed in a flash flood after they refused to leave their family’s home, authorities said on Friday.
Torrential rains in the region have caused several tributaries of the Angara river to overflow, resulting in severe flooding.
Thousands of residents have had to be rescued from their inundated houses.
In the town of Yevdokimova, ‘local authorities went door to door, asking residents to leave their homes,’ the regional administration said, emphasizing the importance of heeding such a warning.
‘One family refused to evacuate. As a result, the unfortunate incident occurred,’ the statement said, referring to the two deaths.
Authorities have been providing food, fresh water and shelter to local residents amid the emergency situation.