- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
Kogi Guber: Dino Melaye Picks Forms; Vows To Unseat Incumbent APC Governor
The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye obtained his expression of interest and nomination forms for the Kogi State governorship election.
The ‘singing’ senator obtained his forms at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Secretariat on Thursday.
Speaking with newsmen, Melaye swore to defeat the candidate of the opposition party, All Progressives Congress (APC) in the November governorship election, should his party eventually gives him the ticket.
According to Melaye, should the people vote him, his administration would focus on rebuilding and refocusing the economy.
The controversial Senator Melaye released his campaign poster in June, in preparation for political rallies ahead of the governorship election in Kogi state.
The election is scheduled to hold November 16, 2019.