- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Transfer: Leicester City finally sign top forward
Leicester City have completed the signing of Forward Ayoze Perez from Newcastle United for £30million.
Perez signed a four-year deal with the former English Premier League, EPL, champions.
The 25-year-old becomes Leicester City manager, Brendan Rodgers’ second summer signing at the King Power Stadium following the arrival of James Justin from Luton Town.
“I’m very happy and very pleased. I’m very proud to be part of the Leicester family and I can’t wait to get started,” Perez told Leicester’s official website on Thursday.
“The club want to keep growing as much as they can and that’s something I like.
“I spoke with the manager and that was important. That made me feel very comfortable about the decision to come here.”
On his part, Leicester manager, Brendan Rodgers said: “I think Ayoze will be a wonderful addition to the squad.
“He’s quick, has a good eye for goal and he’s experienced in the Premier League too.
“I think he’s a player who will excite our supporters, and his style is one that I believe complements the options and quality that we already have here at the football club.”