- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Uti Nwachukwu reacts after Senator Elisha Abbo assaulted a lady
While reacting to the viral video of Senator Elisha Abbo assaulting a woman in a set toy in Abuja, media personality Uti Nwachukwu has said he can never raise his children in Nigeria.
Uti Nwachukwu in a post shared to Instagram stated that the youths are now the major problem in the country, as they learned from the elders and also brought in more.
Say no to Freedom of Speech !!! We have imploded !! We just do not know it !!!!!! I mean!! How can we be patriotic at times like these ??!! Forget Hope for things to get better!!! INFACT THE YOUTH ARE NOW THE MAJOR PROBLEM ! Thanks to what was learned from the elders multiplied by 100!!! TUFIA!!!
In this vein did politician Bankole Wellington, Banky W berate the senator yesterday and so-called for his arrest.
He wrote on social media:
I’ve been saying that we need to pay attention to who we let into our National Assembly. Now we have CCTV footage of a SITTING SENATOR physically assaulting a woman in an adult toy store in Abuja, IN THE PRESENCE OF A POLICE OFFICER. Her only “crime” was saying “Oga take it easy” when he got aggressive with her female store owner friend. For that, he slapped her multiple times, and then made his policemen arrest her. This is an absolute disgrace. Pls repost and share until our Police force agree to #ArrestSenatorElishaAbbo – he must face the full wrath of the law.
This is what happens when we don’t pay attention to the people we let into our leadership roles.
This is what happens when we have a culture that subconsciously treats our women as second class citizens.
We have a lot to unlearn as a country.. about how we select/allow leaders AND about the way we treat our women. We must do better. We must be better.