- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Court orders forfeiture of Diezani ALison-Madueke’s jewelry, gold iPhone worth $40m
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos State has requested the forfeiture of 2,149 pieces of jewellery and a customised gold iPhone, all esteemed at $40m, that belongs to the ex-Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke.
The directing judge, Justice Nicholas Oweibo, requested that the things should be temporarily forfeited to the Federal Government following an ex parte application moved today Friday July fifth by a lawyer for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Rotimi Oyedepo.
The EFCC in its application under the watchful eye of the court, said that it found and recouped the gems and the customized gold iPhone which it accepts was gained with “continues of unlawful exercises.”