- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
The FCT Police Command has taken Senator Elisha Abbo to the Magistrate Court in Zuba Abuja for arraignment.
Although the number of charges he would be arraigned for is yet unknown, a source in the Command said the Senator would be arraigned for assault amongst others.
The Senator was captured on camera assaulting a woman at a sex toy shop in Abuja.
After public outcry, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu directed the Commissioner of Police in charge of FCT, CP Bala Ciroma to investigate the matter.
The investigation led to the invitation of the Senator to the Command, which further led to his detention on Thursday.
He was however released on Friday afternoon after meeting the bail conditions.
Confirming his arraignment to The Nation, the FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma said: “I know you are calling to confirm about the Senator. They are presently on their way to Zuba Magistrate court for his arraignment.”
On the number of charges he would arraign for, Ciroma said: “I will get back to you on that because I am presently in a meeting.”