- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday met behind closed doors with the new and immediate past Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The meeting started around 11.30am at the President’s office.
Melee Kolo Kyari had formally taken over from Maikanti Baru on Monday as the 19th GMD of NNPC.
The duo arrived the Presidential Villa around 11.05am
Baru had retired from the service of the corporation on July 7 after reaching the statutory 60 years retirement age.
Before his appointment, Kyari was Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division of the NNPC.
He was also the Nigerian National Representative at the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) since 2018.
He is believed to be committed to the emergence of an open, transparent and accountable industry based on international best practice, principles and standards.
The meeting with the President was still in progress at the time of filing this report.