- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Funke Akindele Warns Friends To Stay Away from Her Husband
Funke Akindele is not taking any chances with her husband and is bent on protecting him from her friends.
In a recent interview with “Your View”, where she talked about personal space in a relationship, Funke Akindele revealed that she would not want her friends calling her husband.
She explained that it is not okay for her friends to call her husband to check up on him except it’s his birthday. Her friends are not allowed, for any reason, to bring food to him.
“Yes, my friends can come to the house, my husband can know my best friends, you can say hello but you can’t call him … I’m your friend, he’s not your friend. His female friend can come that’s their business. But you’re my friend, stay in your house,” the actress said.
The only time she believes her friends can call her husband is when they want to ask for her whereabouts after they have been trying unsuccessfully to get a hold of her.
Funke Akindele, known popularly as Jenifa, is loved by many for her comic reactions whilst passing across a serious message.
In the comments, many women and even men agreed with the actress that friends should endeavor to mind and respect personal spaces in a relationship.
Some noted that friends overstep boundaries sometimes and do so with the intention of getting the attention of their friend’s spouse.
Although it is possible that she is reacting in this manner because this is not her first marriage. Funke was formerly married to Adeola Kehinde Oluyede. They tied the knot in 2012. During this time, the actress became a shadow of herself.
In an interview after her divorce in 2013, Funke opened up that she only enjoyed the first two months of her marriage and was severally abused by her ex-husband before deciding to call the marriage quits due to irreconcilable differences.
Funke is in a happy place with her husband, JJC Skillz, and her beautiful twins, so she can’t be blamed for wanting to protect her husband from the wolves in the industry.